We are a new Edinburgh-based charity, launching in 2017, and planning to hold our first summer holiday in 2018.
Our 2017 Mission
This year, we have constituted the new charity and completed our board of trustees. We're now focused on recruiting members to the organisation, finishing the process of registering with the Care Inspectorate, and fundraising. Our holiday managers are developing policy and procedure and in autumn 2017 we will start identifying potential holiday-makers from the local community. In particular, we will develop suitable training models for volunteers and recruit experienced and qualified 'senior helper' and ‘group leader’ teams to support the pupil helpers.
What We've Achieved SO FAR
- Co-founders Max Boyd-Brown, Sue Fletcher-Watson, and Frankie Woodifield have recruited managers and trustees to the organisation.
- We have built a solid relationship with local independent school, Fettes College, who will host our first holiday.
- We have registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
- We have chosen a name, SuperTroop, which reflects core ideas like being in a team of equals, having fun, and working safely.
- We have approached the Care Inspectorate to begin the process of registration.
- We have held three board meetings and begun to develop policy and procedure for the organisation.